Monday, May 29, 2017

Back...maybe...sorta

Since having my big headed baby things have slowed a bit with my updates.  The recovery time has been slow and its amazing to see what a baby has done to my figure, but the whole experience has been worthwhile.  It has been an interesting lifestyle change to say the least.  Luckily for me, having a child is similar to having a dog so it hasn't been all that hard of a transition.  Right now my kid's crate training is coming along nicely and I am happy to say he has been flea and tick free since we got him.

So, what have I been up to artistically you ask?  Been running with my series of "shooting animals in the face" and have decided to retire my painted face series once and for all. Thought I would show some progress shots from a still life I did last year.  One thing you may notice from this particular still life is that its done a bit more "on the fly."  Get it?...cause it works on two levels...because ducks have the gift of flight and it also relates to the spontaneity of the introduced objects to the composition as the painting developed organically.  Now before I go any further, I would like to make a disclaimer and say that no animals were harmed in the making of this piece, except a duck who was shot in the head then frozen, but that asshole owed me money so who cares.  Now I know this post wasn't an all that glamorous comeback after not posting for over a year, but remember, I'm a parent now so I get to blame everything I don't do on that.

Day one, laying in that paint. 

Detailing




Done

1 comment: